The copper wire is a basic wire created out of Copper Ore. It has a moderate conductivity and can be used to transfer electricity with low voltage.
You need to plug the wires into its corresponding slots in various machines to get them to work. This copper wire is insulated so you will not be electrocuted when in contact (touching it). On the contrary, uninsulated wires are dangerous as they CAN shock you. (about 5 shocks will kill you). Also note that water does not affect either uninsulated nor insulated.
Electrical Expansion overwrites this recipes if you installed Electrical Expansion.
This wire has a resistance of 500 mΩ (milliOhm) and a Max amps of 1 kA (1000 Amps)
Insulated Copper Wire
Uninsulated Copper Wire
Copper Wire Variation
Copper Wire is a cheap, easy way to connect power sources to machines and vice versa. However, it is weak and cannot hadle large amouts of energy. You will need to use alternatives such as some Power Cable when utilising Nuclear energy. Even a few solar pannels riged to one battery will result in the wire exploding and burning down your impervious wool base.